Wednesday 12 December 2012

WIP: Peak District Photo Conversion

About 6 weeks ago I finally finished converting this lovely photo, taken at Langsett river in the Peak District, into a cross stitch.


After lots of editing (to trim down the number of different colours to a meagre 44 colours) I finally ordered the 27 count (27 stitches per inch)  even weave and a lot of threads.


As you can see, I've got quite a lot of stitching ahead of me. I wanted a big embroidery project, and I've definitely got it. In the 6 weeks since starting the cross stitch I've only manage a small corner of the sky, completing approx 1/4 of the first page of 15! I have been busy with a few other projects (for Christmas presents, so you'll have to wait to see them). I'm looking forward to reaching the bank so I can start using some greens. Anyway, here's my progress so far, what do you think?


With all that in mind, to have any hope of finishing this by next Christmas I'd best get stitching...

Happy Stitching

You might also like
WIP: Shh Now
3D Cross Stitch
Friday Finds: Monsters
Subversive Cross Stitch
Stitch Inspiration



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma