Wednesday 5 June 2013

Map Cross Stitch

Those of you who read my blog regularly will have a good idea that I like going hiking in the Peak District. This involves a fair bit of map use (although less so the more I go walking there!) I've also just booked flights to go to Andorra and the hiking in the Pyrenees in July, so once again I'm on the hunt for maps.

Maps are more interesting than you may think, quite a lot of places have funny names which is easy amusement, and it's interesting to see how civilisation has developed around natural boundaries. Plenty of maps are interesting and look good in their own right. They can be decorative works of art. I would love to cross stitch a map, (it's just one more item on my cross stitch wish list). The beautiful map cross stitch embroideries below are just a few of the multitudes available, and will hopefully inspire you to become a bit of a map lover yourself!

Olde World Map by www.crossstitch.com
Flowers of Britain Map by www.themakingspot.com


Map of the World by www.wye.co.uk
 
Map of Australia by www.witchykittdesigns.com
London Map by www.busylizziecrafts.co.uk


Happy Map Stitching!

You might also like
Work In Progress: Peak District Cross Stitch Photo Conversion
Friday Finds: Wales
Stitches Past
You Shall go to the Ball
Friday Finds: Farms



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma