Thursday 2 February 2012

This is Me!

Ok, so I have a little confession. I've been busy working on several projects (as well as having my day job) so I haven't quite completed anything to blog about! That got me thinking, what else could I write about that's relevant, maybe inspiration, maybe other blogs/ other crafters, although I'm planning that for a Valentines Blog next week (if you'd like to be featured, please leave a comment below), but they're still all standard 'blogging' topics. I want to do something different.

OK then, so what makes a good blog? I am far from the expert on this, and good is just a matter of opinion anyway, right? Still, with a little help from my thinking cap I realised that my favourite blogs, the ones I keep going back too, are a bit more personal. So how about telling you a little about me? I'm always curious about other crafters, so this is me!

I grew up in the Midlands with mum dad and my big little sis (she's been that ever since she grew taller than me!). We were often out and about, clambering up trees, going on walks or bike rides, playing in the garden, doing all the things that kids do!

It was probably when I was about 10 that I was given my first cross stitch kit, which I proudly completed, (and has subsequently been lost along the way)

Throughout my teenage years I kept stitching on and off, off and on, through school, 6th form, a few years of being in the Daventry Dolphins swimming club, then a ju-jitsu club, before coming to Sheffield for university, as a big girl.

...Well, I was certainly bigger, and what student doesn't have a fancy dress house party at some point? In case you hadn't worked it out, I was the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. I always made my own costume, the best ones always were! (One of my friends dressed up as a spider with stuffed tights for the legs! she looked awesome!)

It wasn't all parties though, I did a lot of walking. Living in Sheffield with the Peak District only a bus ride away, and the fantastic University of Sheffield Walking Club, how could I not? I soon became a walk leader and publicity officer, and met my boyfriend Chris. I grew a lot in myself those years, thanks to fantastic housemates, and great friends made in the walking club!

Can you recognise where the castle is? It's Pervil castle, just by castleton in the Peak District.

Of course, as any avid walker will know, refreshment is essential, after a long hot walk a refreshing pint is just what's needed. Likewise if it's a rainy walk, cold, misty, snowy, any sort of walk really! A pub stop at the end soon became a large part of the walk, and my social life.

Now I've bought a house with Chris, I work 9-5 as a Cell Biologist, and try to sell my cross stitch jewellery! I still have dreams though, they're the same ones I had since I was little, and one day I will do them.
I will go travelling.
I will be a mum.
One day....

4 comments:

  1. I need to read your blog more. Though I am hurt I didn't get a mention in your whip through your life :-(

    Rhian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Rhian! I'm sorry! i didn't want to put too much stuff in it else it could've been huge! I haven't mentioned that I did biochemistry at uni, or so many other things too!

      Don't worry, If it makes sense I can mention you in another blog!

      P.S. thanks for the chat the other day! :)

      Delete
  2. Haha it was a joke! It was a good blog so I'm not really complaining.

    You are very welcome for the chat, it was lovely to hear from you and I'm always hear should you need me :-)

    Rhian

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! that's ok then!

    Thanks for that, I know you are!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma