Saturday 31 March 2012

Stitches Past!

Hello!

A brand new Nikon Coolpix s6200 arrived in the post for me yesterday, which means I have a big task ahead to re-photograph my products - and catch up with the ones I've missed, so I can update them on my website to better quality ones.

Eager to try out my new camera I have taken photo's of a couple of (relatively) recent cross stitch pictures that are on display in my house! (I have completed others, but they are all sitting in a draw awaiting framing...one day...)

Anyway, what do you think of my Siberian Snow Lynx?


He hangs in my kitchen, guarding the door...! I started making him when I was a teenager, but left him uncompleted for ages during uni - to tell the truth, I was a little embarrassed at first of my cross stitch hobby. Looking back I was just being daft, but hey, we all are when we're young! Eventually he made his way up to Sheffield, and I occasionally did a little to him, but it wasn't until I moved in with my boyfriend, Chris, that I finally got working on him again properly, and it wasn't long before he was finished!

Before I finished I was already searching for a new kit to buy, but I wanted one that both Chris and I would like, so I gave him a shortlist of ones to choose, and this was the result!


This Winter Sunset kit by DMC now proudly hangs pride of place above the fireplace in my living room. What do you think of it? It took me about a year to stitch it. Sadly I haven't completed a large piece since, as I've been busy focusing on my cross stitch jewellery, but hopefully that will change soon.

I am currently working on this Purple Delight hardanger that my sister gave me for Christmas. I'm not too far off, but it has been sadly neglected recently. I am enjoying learning the new techniques and new stitches though!


I also have a stumpwork kit, which is also a bit neglected, purchased from WYE Needlecraft in Bakewell, (I can't resist going in whenever I'm in Bakewell, they sell all sorts of needlepoint work, and have plenty of completed works adorning the walls). I have done very little embroidery work, so I'm finding it a bit more challenging and fairly time consuming, as I've only done one petal, but I'm looking forward to getting it finished! Hopefully when it's finished it'll look something like this!

Anyway, I'd best get back to photography and stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma