Friday 30 November 2012

Friday Finds : Christmas Food!

I can't believe how quickly this year has gone, how is it the last day in November already? Only 3 more weeks at work til Christmas! Yay!

When I was little I would get excited about Santa coming and seeing what gifts he would bring, and what my parents gave me. We didn't have loads but I always loved what I got. the best presents were the ones Dad made for me and my sister. One year he made us a dolls house, which was awesome, and another year he made us a playhouse for the garden. That wins easily as the best Christmas present ever, it even had windows that opened and a folding table inside! We had hours of fun.

Now I'm older I still get excited about Christmas, but for different reasons. I love seeing my family and spending time with them. It doesn't matter what we do (which generally isn't much) but it's always lovely. And of course, Christmas dinner! My mum makes a delicious roast, and at Christmas with all the trimmings and followed by Christmas pudding and loads of yummy foods I can't help but stuff myself full. Thinking about my mum's awesome cooking has decided my theme for this week, Christmas food!


I love this tea cosy by Twin K Knits. It's so cute and seasonal. when it's cold out a cup of hot tea is a fantastic way of keeping warm, with a fancy tea cosy you'll never be without a cuppa!


Gingerbread men are fun to make, decorate and eat. Show off your love for them with these adorable earrings by Sweet Venom Jewels.


The UK Christmas Store have got it spot on with their cushion cover. I will most definitely be following the instructions and pictures!

Ok, so I'm being a bit naughty by sneaking in one of my own designs, but hey, I love Christmas puddings so much I couldn't resist!


To give the gift of making head over to Jane Crick for this fabulous tea towel, which is also a kit to make your own cute Ginger bread man doll! (I can't resist mentioning her name either, as my middle name is Jane and I'm from a village in the midlands called Crick!)


For a last little slice of sweetness then take a look at this tasty piece of Christmas cake by Tea By Design. If it weren't for the earring hooks they'd look like real Christmas cake!

Happy Shopping!


You might also like
Friday Finds: Gadget Accessories
Tardis Cross Stitch Keyring Kit
Friday Finds: Christmas Ice
Fathers Day Ideas
Free Cross Stitch Chart: Mum Roses Bookmark



6 comments:

  1. Great foodies finds for Christmas Gemma!
    Strange coincidence about our names! How funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane,, glad you like it!

      It is a bit of a bizzare coincidence with our names!It definately amused me too!

      Gemma x

      Delete
  2. It's so exciting to see food being made into crafts isn't it! Shows the love for food in everything. Lovely finds. Hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! it makes for lots of interesting tasty treats! Glad you like the post, and hope you enjoy the festivities!

      Gemma x

      Delete
  3. fab!

    and thank you for adding my tea cosy!(twinkknits)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're very welcome!

      Gemma

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma