Wednesday 28 November 2012

Stackable Beads!

About 2 weeks ago I received a lovely stash of plastic stackable beads from nosnowsupplies. They come in all shapes and sizes, and looked fabulous on their own. Check out her Etsy Shop for a browse of these fantastic flower beads.

 
 
I couldn't wait to start working with them, so I got busy stacking them and discovering all sorts of contrasting flower stacks, complimentary flower beads. I used different amounts of beads too; some looked great as just two types of stackable flower beads together, and some looked fantastic with four or even five different beads stacked together. Then you can lay them out to give you an idea of a finished design, such as a necklace.
                                    
 
 
 


The large beads at the bottom are flexible, which is great as it makes them so easy to use. The smaller beads are hard which gives them more structure, and holds all the flowers in place together really well. They're really easy to stack and stay in place, so you can easily keep re-designing until you're completely happy with the finished effect. There's definitely no worries about making something and then realising that actually, it doesn't look that great, or the colours don't work together with this system. And I've defiantly made items I've not liked once I've finished making them, I'm sure we all have and it's such a waste of time.
 
I've used some felt to make leaves for some of the jewellery, and I've added some round beads for flower centres.
 
I've had a go at making a few things, what do you think?
 
Christmas Flower Brooch available on Etsy here
 
White and Orange Flower Ring
 
Black Flower Pendant available on Etsy here.
 
Flower Hairclips available on Etsy here.
 
 
Now that I've started, I can't wait to keep going with the rest of the beads! I've got ideas for some dangly earrings, a couple of necklaces and some more brooches! If you want to try your hand then head over to nosnowsupplies on Etsy and check out all of the beads available, you'll be surprised how many different colours and styles there is!
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh they look fab :-) Can see why you're addicted! Simmi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they're great! I'l definately be making more things with them! It's definately worth giving it a go!

      Gemma

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma