Thursday 19 September 2013

Scotland Cross Stitch

I am off to "sunny" Scotland tomorrow for a week long walking holiday with a group of friends. I'm really looking forward to going away, which is good because the house we're staying in is in the middle of nowhere. It'll be great going away with a bunch of friends, especially as it's been a while since I saw some of them.
 
I'm expecting lots of rain, lots of midges, and lots of cold. Ok, I know rain should help keep the midges away, but if I expect them all and only suffer 2 of the 3 then I reckon we'll be doing ok.
 
If you have never been to Scotland, I thoroughly recommend it. Scotland is an absolutely beautiful country, great for hiking (and skiing, although I've never skied). Edinburgh is a lovely city, with a lot of history, and of course, there's Nessie (Loch Ness Monster) to go looking for, bagpipes to listen to, men in kilts (oh la la!) lots of whisky, and that's just to name a few!
 
If Scotland is more of a dream than a reality at the moment, then how about stitching some of these Scottish related cross stitch kits and patterns, to tide you over until you can go.
Scottish Piper on Ebay
 
Scotland Map by Happy Cross Stitcher
Nessie by Skye Stitcher
Celtic Needle Case by Textile Heritage
Highland cow by Textile Heritage
 
 Happy Stitching!
 
You might also like
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma